Accelerate Your Chess - Grandmaster Simon Williams
The GingerGM is back!
Following on from his two hugely popular Master Methods, “GingerGM” Simon Williams has produced a 15-hour course designed to take you to the next level in your chess.
Simon has collected the games that led to breakthroughs in his own development, and takes you through each one in such a way that you make the discoveries for yourself - a far more powerful method of teaching/learning than simply giving you the answers.
Each lesson works on at least one of seven areas: Strategy, calculation, prophylaxis, forcing moves, navigating chaos, pattern recognition, and converting advantages - the key skills you need to succeed at the highest levels.
One of the major benefits of this course is that you’re studying games packed with instructive value - it’s a real goldmine of chess secrets. Every lesson brings with it an “aha!” moment… and saves you years of painful trial-and-error going through games that just aren’t that useful.
Presented with Simon’s trademark combination of humor and clear insight, this is the perfect way to accelerate your chess improvement.
About the Author:GM Simon Williams (aka Ginger GM) is an English chess grandmaster, author, and commentator. He obtained Grandmaster the Grandmaster title 2008, by accomplishing the final norm at the Hastings International Chess Congress 2005/2006 and the 2500+ rating at Hastings 2007/2008. His highest rating so far is 2550, achieved in November 2009. In 2009, he organized the Big Slick International in Purley, London, which comprised an invitational GM tournament and FIDE Rated Open.
- In 2003, he finished second at the British Chess Championship.
- In 2005, he won the British Blitz Championship.
- In 2009, he finished second at the British Chess Championship.
- In 2009, Williams finished equal first at the Southend Chess Congress all-play-all tournament.
- He was the joint winner with Gawain Jones of the London Chess Classic FIDE Rated Open in December 2010, with a rating performance of 2690
How can I benefit from this?
It’s always a special occasion whenever the British grandmaster releases a new course… and this might just be his best yet. The whole point of this series is to transfer the skills and knowledge of the masters to you - closing that gap without you having to spend 1000s of hours of painstaking trial-and-error to get there. You have to study the material, of course… but the guesswork is removed.
Tons of Satisfied CustomersCecil W. 12 Jul 2020 "I have purchased Ginger GM's Master Method 1 & 2 and Accelerate Your Chess is the best of all. It picks up nicely where the Master Method course left off and this seems to be geared toward more experienced players. The course is 15 hours, but it seems like so much more because there is a lot of pausing and thinking required to get the full value from the course. It seemed like the most difficult material was at the start of the chapters, then it gets easier. By the end of the chapters, I was thinking along the same ideas as Simon Williams or I could at least follow what he was explaining. By the end of the program, you'll find you have a greater ability to assess strengths and weakness on the board quickly, think about good and bad pieces, plans for both sides and sense when it is time to attack or defend."
What will I learn?
As part of our Intuition Navigates Chaos series, Accelerate Your Chess takes things a step further… focusing on teaching the skills and strategies you need to succeed at the highest levels.
- Blindfold training. One of the best things you can do to improve your calculation and awareness of each piece’s power - see the board and pieces with eyes closed! Simon reveals his favorite technique for training this high-level skill.
- Chaos theory. You will learn to love chaos… the murky waters where you swim and others drown. Simon teaches you the special way of thinking that helps you find spectacular winning moves in positions like this (diagram, White to play).
- Pattern tracing. Whether it’s an attack formation or positional maneuver, you want to be absorbing as many beneficial patterns as you can. Section 5 sees Simon explains how to deconstruct winning ideas to make them easy to remember and use.
- Continuous improvement. You’ve got a slightly better position but no weaknesses to attack… what do you do? GM Williams takes you through some classics to internalize the ‘3 Ps’ of prophylaxis, pressure, and patience.
The GingerGM is back!
The course was absolutely amazing! It covers multiple topics, which are essential if you want to accelerate your chess. GM Simon Williams is a wonderful teacher, his skill of explaining is exceptionally good and his videos are never boring. Thank you GM Simon Williams!